Bunnies are the characters the player controls, although the term "Bunny" is generally used to refer to players who are not in control of Robosaru. Bunnies have very good sight in the darkness, and can generally see anything within their line of sight, even if it is not lit by Robosaru's spotlight.
Only Bunnies who are not in Robosaru may carry items. Bunnies can only be in possession of three items at any time, although they have four item slots: mouth, back, and two sides. Items can be picked up with Action. Items that are in the mouth can be dropped with Drop or used/placed with Action. Pressing Next or Prev rotates the items that are in these slots. When a Collar is in any slot other than the mouth, it will display around a Bunny's neck.
While carried by a Bunny, items are counted as equipped. They are non-solid in this state and cannot be picked up by another Bunny. If a Bunny dies while carrying items, they will drop them all at their place of death. The dropping of the items occurs after the Bunny's death, so carried items are "protected" in that they cannot be destroyed by the same event that killed the bunny.
All Bunnies passively earn money. The amount is dependent on where the Bunny is and whether or not they own a collar.
- Bunnies without a collar earn 2¢ every 2 seconds.
- Bunnies with a collar earn 6¢ every 2 seconds.
- Bunnies inside the Dropship earn 1¢ every 2 seconds, regardless of whether they own a collar.
- The Robosaru Bunny earns 20¢ every 2 seconds plus a time bonus.
There are three ways that the Bunny can obtain money actively:
- Entering Robosaru immediately awards the Bunny 300¢, in addition to being refunded the value of any items they were carrying.
- Picking up a ¢ Sign placed via the directive menu will transfer 50¢ from the player in Robosaru.*
- Picking up a ¢ Sign dropped by the Autopay system will transfer an amount of money from the player in Robosaru equivalent to the current Autopay setting.*
*In the case of a recent subversion, money comes from the account of the player who was in Robosaru when the ¢ Sign was created, not the player in Robosaru when the ¢ Sign is collected.
Movement and Terrain
Bunnies travel normal speed when moving forwards, and far slower when sidestepping or moving backwards. Additionally, moving up slopes or through water inhibits the movement speed of the Bunny. As the Bunny is unable to jump, they cannot traverse completely vertical terrain.
Plantation and water on the map does not block Bunny movement, but it also does not block Robosaru's weapons. While in water, a bunny is immune to fire.
Bunnies can place items in a stack by dropping multiple items in the same location. As Bunnies will always relocate upwards if their hitbox is inside a solid object, placing items onto another Bunny will raise said Bunny ontop of the placed item. This can be repeated to allow a Bunny to get ontop of a ledge, over a Laser Wall, or even onto Robosaru's base.
Bunnies can squeak with the Hop key. Squeaks are only audible to nearby Bunnies, and not to Robosaru.
Bunnies may also use the whisper command. (syntax: "/w <message>") Whispered messages are sent to all bunnies within a 12 unit radius. (4 cement tiles) Robosaru can intercept whispered messages via an unplaced Sensor or by looking at a Bunny when they send a whisper.
The Bunny can be killed in many ways. Some types of deaths will leave a burning corpse, while others just cause the Bunny to be obliterated.
- Taking a direct hit from Robosaru's Primary Cannon.
- Taking a direct hit from a Missile.
- Being subverted
- Typing /kill into chat.
- Being snagged by the machinery inside Robosaru.
- Being in the blast radius of an exploding:
- Volatile item
- Being hit by errant shrapnel from an explosion
- Being hit by a ricochet from a bullet. Note that this is relatively unlikely.
- Falling off the map
- Shimmying/glitching into the Feed Box or into Robosaru's foundation
- Touching fire caused by:
- Robosaru's Primary Cannon
- Robosaru's Flamethrower
- Robosaru's Missile Racks
- Crashed Dropship explosions
- Detonated Mine explosion
- Volatile item explosion
- Another burning corpse
- Touching the pillar of fire protruding from the Power Plant's exhaust
- Wearing or holding a collar that has been manually detonated by Robosaru.
- Being in range of an active Sentry while not wearing a collar.
- Touching the beams of an active Laser Wall.
- Being hit by Flamer Fuel globs